Learn how press releases can lead to interviews and media coverage that sells books in this interview with award-winning publicist and author Sandra Beckwith. You’ll discover the various types of press releases that are used to promote books, how to write press releases that get results, and the best places to distribute them. Sandra also offers creative advice on how press releases can be used to promote fiction and children’s books, in addition to nonfiction.
Listen online to Use Press Releases to Sell More Books
Listen on iTunes
For detailed step-by-step instructions on how to create and distribute effective press releases, I recommend Get Your Book in the News: How to Write a Press Release That Announces Your Book, by Sandra Beckwith. This ebook even includes a template and 11 sample releases in several genres, so you can see how it's done right.
For an extensive collection of fill-in-the-blanks templates and examples for various types of book publicity press releases, check out Sandra's companion workbook, Publicity Forms & Templates.
Here are some other resources mentioned in the podcast:
- Boost your book publicity success with tip sheets
- How to promote your book with tip sheets
- Chase’s Calendar of Events is available in libraries.
- You can find offbeat holidays at DaysOfTheYear.com and HolidayInsights.com.
- PRWeb.com and E-Releases are good sources for paid press release distribution.