Learn how to create a customized book marketing plan and promote books successfully.
Listen online to Your Book Marketing Plan: 12 Steps to Success
Listen on iTunes.
In this episode Dana discusses these 12 steps to writing your own customized book marketing plan:
- Define your mission.
- Identify your target audiences.
- Select formats and distribution channels for your book.
- Set the price, payment and discount policies.
- Define the features and benefits of your book.
- Study other books that compete with your book for readers.
- Write effective sales copy.
- Write an engaging author bio.
- Set your budget.
- Choose your book promotion tactics.
- Develop a timeline.
- Measure your success.
For the full text, download her free report, Create a Book Marketing Plan That Sells Books.
Take Action Now
If you don’t already have a written marketing plan, open a document on your computer, list these 12 steps, and start planning how to implement them.
If you do have a marketing plan, consider what’s working well for you and what you might change. Update your plan and start implementing those changes.
In upcoming episodes we will get into much more detail about how to choose and implement your book promotion tactics, so stay tuned!