- Are you feeling overwhelmed by marketing your book?
- Do you need to know the best ways to promote your specific book and budget your time?
- Are you confused about book marketing and not sure what to do next?
- Do you try to promote your book to "everyone"?
- Are you disappointed in your book sales?
- Have you ever read a book or listened to a program about book marketing, but failed to follow up on what you learned?
Hearing about book marketing theory is one thing, but you have to take action to get results! So, how do you know where to start, what really works, and how to prioritize?
How do you get the skills you need to successfully promote your particular book to the people who want to buy it?
You'll find tons of book marketing advice online, but you need to pull it all together into a strategic plan of action to get results. There's no such thing as a "one-size-fits-all" book marketing plan – you need to tailor your plan to your book, your target audiences, and your own skills, budget and availability.
That's exactly why I developed the Ultimate Book Marketing Plan Workshop.
What's so different about this program? It's a step by step, hands-on training class that comes with five training sessions, fill-in-the-blank worksheets, checklists and planning tools. And you'll get specific recommendations and examples for fiction, nonfiction and children's books, not generic advice.
Each of the five training modules in this program are scheduled one week apart to allow time to complete the worksheet exercises before moving on to the next step. There's no guesswork or wondering what to do next.
By the time you're finished, you'll have your very own customized book marketing plan, so you can move forward in selling more books.
Here's a breakdown of what you'll learn in each module in the Ultimate Book Marketing Plan Workshop.
Module 1 – Introduction, Goals and Target Markets
In this introductory session, you'll discover what the terms marketing and promotion really mean, and you'll learn:
- Why a written book marketing plan so important to your success
- How to overcome 5 common issues that hold authors back
- How to assess your publishing goals and personal skills
- How to define multiple target markets for your book (and why that's so critical to success)
Module 2 – Publishing, Pricing and Distribution Strategies
To sell anything, you need to create a quality product to meet the needs of your audience, price it competitively, and make it available where potential customers shop. In module 2, you will discover:
- What makes a book successful
- Options for publishing print, ebook and audio books
- Pros and cons of the KDP Select program
- Keys to crafting a compelling title and subtitle
- Why book covers are so critical and what makes a great cover
- Pricing strategies to maximize profits for print books and ebooks
- How to choose distribution channels and set wholesale discounts
- How to make changes to books that are already published
This second module is geared to self-published authors, including those who have already published their books. Traditionally published authors who are considering self-publishing in the future will also find valuable tips here. The worksheet for this module includes links to numerous publishing and distribution resources.
Module 3 – Create Effective Marketing Materials
To turn lookers into buyers, you need to create effective marketing materials. In this module you'll learn how to:
- Define your branding
- Write a great bio and select the right author photo
- Define the features and benefits of your book
- Write compelling sales copy that motivates people to buy
- Update book descriptions and author bios on Amazon
- Create a book promotion flyer and other marketing materials
- Include the right elements in your author website
The worksheet for this module includes sample marketing materials and links to resources.
Module 4 – Top Book Promotion Tactics
In this module, I will discuss these top book promotion tactics, explain why each is important, and describe how they are best used for fiction, nonfiction and children's books:
- Optimizing Amazon
- Relationship marketing
- Reviews, testimonials and endorsements
- Virtual book tours
- Social marketing
- Email marketing and newsletters
- Blogging and article marketing
- Publicity for authors and books
- Speaking and events
- Audio and video promotions
- Other promotional tactics (awards, forums, advertising, freemiums, book clubs, direct mail, affiliate programs, contests)
Module 5 – Develop Your Book Marketing Plan
Once you have laid the groundwork, it's time to pull everything together into an action plan. In the final module, you will get:
- Advice for prioritizing and scheduling your book promotions
- Recommendations of the top promotion tactics for novels, nonfiction, and children's books
- Steps for planning a book launch, re-launch and bestseller campaign
- Tips for budgeting your time and money most effectively
- Suggestions for monitoring and evaluating your success
Along with this module, you'll get a scheduling and budgeting worksheet and other valuable resources for creating your book marketing plan.
What You'll Get in the Ultimate Book Marketing Plan Workshop:
For each of the five one-hour modules in this course, you'll have your choice of three formats, so you can choose the one that works best for you:
- Video training session (a recording of my Powerpoint presentation to watch online)
- Written transcript of the training session (PDF)
- Audio recording of the training session (MP3)
You will also get a worksheet to complete for each module, along with checklists and resources, delivered in Word, PDF, and/or Excel formats. By the end of the course, you'll have your own customized book marketing plan!
Special Bonus - you'll even get a half price coupon that you can use toward any Savvy Book Marketer guidebook.
Isn't it time that you developed a serious plan of action?
Register now and get started on your way to selling more books!
Want to order more than one product? Just place this one in your shopping cart and then keep shopping. You'll be able to review the cart before completing your purchase. Secure payments are handled by BMT Micro.
This program is 100% guaranteed. If for any reason if doesn't meet your expectations, just let me know within 30 days and you'll get a full refund, with no hassles. If you have any questions about the program or any problems in placing your order, you can reach me through the link beneath my photo in the column to the right.
To your success!
What People Say About Dana's OtherTraining Programs
"I have one word to sum up my feelings — Fantastic! The presentation was content rich. I now feel confident that I have the information and tools I need to successfully engage in the social networking sphere!"
— Jennifer Aderhold (Social Networking Success for Authors presentation)
"Your presentation of Make Money with Teleseminars and Webinars was extremely professional. The slides and audio content were excellent, and you presented the material in a way that non techie people can understand it. This great content, along with the download materials, is worth far more than what you charged. The amount of effort you put into planning this informative presentation was obviously extensive, and you are to be congratulated."
— Diana Todd-Banks, life coach, author and speaker
"I was extremely impressed with Dana Lynn Smith when she appeared as the featured monthly guest on the Authors Academy, and I highly recommend her as a trainer. Her presentation, Sell More Books on Amazon, was filled with practical, actionable advice, and our members raved about it afterwards. Even I took detailed notes, and I usually think I know it all."
— Grael Norton, Senior Faculty, AuthorsAcademy.com
"Thank you for such an informative presentation on doing teleseminars and webinars. It was very professional and high quality! The planning checklist and resource guide alone are worth the price of admission."
— MaAnna Stephenson, author and WordPress trainer at Blog Aid
"I enjoyed your social networking program. You gave me some good ideas to try with my book. I've wondered about creating a Facebook fan page and you've convinced me to try it."
— Rebecca Talley (Social Networking Success for Authors presentation)
"At my Facebook Marketing for Authors TeleSummit, Dana Lynn Smith did an amazing job at presenting a confusing subject. Dana is extremely organized, well prepared and over delivers in every way. Not only did she provide excellent content during the teleseminar, but she also provided a helpful handout for all participants. I highly recommend Dana as a speaker and resource for authors."
— Shelley Hitz, Self Publishing Coach
“I heard a lot of good, interesting, improvement ideas and means of obtaining them. I took a lot of notes and will see how far I can go to achieving a number of suggestions.”
— E. Browning in San Jose, CA (Sell More Books on Amazon presentation)
"Dana Lynn Smith presented a Facebook Fundamentals for Authors webinar for our Book Marketing Technologies Center and here's what some attending authors said:
- I thought it was excellent. It was just the right amount of information in the right amount of time. Rosalie Marsh
- Topics were very useful and explained clearly. Barry Finlay
- Some good info! Sandra Swindle
We at BookBuzzr are very happy to be associated with Dana and find her presentations and articles very practical and useful to authors."
— Vikram Narayan, CEO of BookBuzzr, World's # 1 Provider of Book Marketing Technologies to over 7,000 Authors
"I took a seminar on marketing with social media today. Dana Lynn Smith filled up the hour with excellent information. I took five pages of notes."
— Joy DeKok, author coach (Social Networking Success for Authors presentation)
"Thank you, Dana, for the terrific job you did in our recent teleconference. You presented pertinent information about book marketing—especially optimizing the Amazon.com author page and selling books to libraries. You are a great help to newbie authors as well as those who have been marketing books online for a while."
— Yvonne Perry, Writers in the Sky
"I appreciate all the work that Dana and Shelley put into their eBook Publishing Basics webinar. I found the information to be very helpful and right on the mark in terms of its foundation of basics. Well worth the time spent watching it."
— J.W. Nicklaus, author of The Light, The Dark, and Ember Between
Click here to register for the Ultimate Book Marketing Plan Workshop!